2010年1月8日金曜日

Presentation No.1 Self-Analysis

Presentation No.1 Reflections and Self-Analysis
-----------------------------
1. Successfully achieved purpose / main message?

Reflection: My purpose of this presentation No.1 was to convey my passion about travelling and why it's so great to travel when we are students. I could give this presentation with a passion and I think I could tell my message successfully to my audience.

Ideas for improvement: Although it was just 3 minutes presentation, I think I could have contained more messages.Next time, I would like to try to deal with more serious topic.

2. Use of voice? (rhythm, emphasis, pausing, variation)

Reflection: My goal was to talk slowly and clearly, using voice tone eand pause effectively. I thought I talked slow enough but looking back the video and the time I could have talked more slowly. About voice tone, I didn't have much variation on my voice tone so I want to improve on this point in the future.

Ideas for Improvement: As I mentioned, I want to improve my voice tone. While I was speaking I feel like I'm using voice tone effectively. However by looking back my presentation for my firat time, I realized I needed to even exaggerate my tone to make differences. And if I have more time to present, I want to use longer pause to attract audiebce.

3. Use of body language? (posture, gestures, eyes, face)

Reflection: My main goal was to have eye contacs with audience.I have a confidence that I achieved this goal successfully. Since I tried to exaggerate my gesture, my gesture was bigger than usual. Still there are a lot of points I need to work on about body language.

Ideas for Improvement: When I looked at my video with my partner, we noticed that I clapped for about three times! It was totally meaninglss so I will try to avoud that in the next presentation. Also I noticed that when I'm nervous, I tend to touch my hair. So I will be careful not to show my nervous gesture.

4. Use of visuals?

Reflection: My goal was to use two or three efective pictures matching my presentation. I think I used effective slides.

Ideas for Improvement: I thought for 3 minutes resentation, two or three slides would be suiutable. However, after presentation I thought I could have had more slides. I should have had at least one more slide for my conclusion part to finish up my presentation.


5. Preparation & rehearsal process?

Reflection: My goal was to rehearsal for more than 3 times. I spent 2 hours to practice over and over so I could prepare well enough. As a result, I didn't have to look at my note. Also just before the presentation I could get pretty good feedback from my partner which helped me a lot. I learned the importance to rehearsal with a partner and get the honest feedback.

Ideas for Improvement:For the future presentations, I want always to rehearsal in front of friends and get feedback. Also this time we have strict time restriction so during the rehearsal I was always checking the time. I think it's a really good way to prepare my presenation so I want to keep doing this in the rehearsal.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿